Thursday, March 27, 2014

Be Nice...

A proper lady always knows when to give a little something extra.

It's important to be hospitable and generous...we need to put kindness and proper etiquette back into the universe. Seriously....if no one sets a good example of proper manners for the younger generation then how else are they going to learn?

For me personally, I like to put that little extra bit out there....it lets someone else know you are thankful for what they are doing and it provides a good example for my daughter.

A while ago the screen in my car that tells me how many miles I can go...well it told me I could still go 13 miles before I ran out of gas. So I dropped the kid off at school and was heading in the direction of the nearest gas station. Well, that little computer...it lied! My car ran out of gas sort of next to and in front of a car garage. I had no idea what to do, I was half way on the sidewalk and my car wouldn't start.

Luckily...I live in a small town. I went to high school with the guy who runs the car garage. He was super generous and came right over and pushed my car up to the gas pump and pumped some gas for me. Did he have to do all that? No. Do they usually charge for an attendant to pump your gas? Yes. But, he didn't charge me for any of the service help...even when I tried to. He just smiled and told me to have a good day at work.

In return I showed up later that day with a box full of freshly made cookies from Whole Foods and a big fat "Thank you...you guys rock!"


Post a Comment

previous next